School Type: Contributing
School type: State, Co-Educational - Decile: 9
Forrest Hill school was named after Forrest Hill Road, which took its name from Lieutenant Hugh Forrest, whose family owned property around this area. Forrest Hill School, originally called Milford North, was opened in February 1959 by Rt. Hon. Norman King, M.P. for Waitemata, with a roll of 184.
The school was built on the old Curry farm land, the foyer being approximately where the homestead stood. The two palms at the entrance to the school were originally part of the driveway to the farmhouse.
Forrest Hill School was a full primary school, with 21 classrooms and a roll of 697 at its peak in 1969 when Takapuna Normal Intermediate School opened for Form 2 pupils only, in 1970.